Discord is one of the most popular voice and text chat platforms for gamers, and it’s no surprise that many people are wondering how to use Discord on their PS5.
In this article, we’ll show you how to set up Discord on your PlayStation 5 and start chatting with your friends. We’ll also cover some of the best features of Discord that make it a great choice for gaming communities.
If you have gotten your hands on a PlayStation 5 and you’ve been wondering if it’s possible to run Discord on your new console to enjoy your gameplay with your friends, this is where you are supposed to be.
There are plenty of apps you can play on your PlayStation 5. Unfortunately, there is no official Discord app available for this console. Through the integration between Discord and PS5, you can connect your PS5 to Discord so that your friends can see your online gaming activity.
Is It Possible to Use Discord on PS5?
There is no direct method to use Discord while playing PlayStation 5 as the console does not support it currently.
First off, because the internet surfing features aren’t available, there is no way to install Discord directly for use on your PS5. That won’t stop us from using the internet, though.
Keep in mind that all you need for this is a PS5 and an internet connection. You won’t need your computer or phone.
And on the PlayStation 4, people would use it on the web browser. However, the PlayStation 5 does not have a built-in web browser, so you can not get the application installed on your console.
But, it would be best if you did not worry, as two easy and simple methods will allow you to use Discord on your console. So make sure you follow each step carefully to use this amazing feature.
How to Use Discord on PS5 for Chat
The following are the two simple methods that will allow you to install Discord on PS5. So go on and head in.
Using the PS5 Text Message Feature
By utilizing the built-in texting feature, you can easily use Discord through this method. The PlayStation Party application will redirect you to a website if you click on any shared link in your chat. Follow the steps below.
- Launch the PlayStation Party Application.
- Open any friend’s chat and send them the link. Discord.com is your chatbox.
- Go ahead and click on the link. The link will take you to the official website of Discord.
- Instead of downloading Discord, you will be using the web version of it.
- Now, sign in to your own account on Discord and get started enjoying your games while staying connected with your friends.
And that’s it, that is how simple it is to use Discord on your PlayStation 5. There is another method available too.
Utilizing a Headset Supporting a USB Connection
For this method, you will need a headset with a proper USB connection and an optical cable, as well as a MixAmp. You will be creating a cross-platform between your PC and PS5. Go through the following steps to use Discord voice chat on your PlayStation 5.
- Link your PS5 and MixAmp with an optical cable.
- Now find your way to settings, then sound and screen, and there head on to audio output settings.
- Go ahead and set the primary output port to digital or optical out.
- With Discord running in the background, go ahead and plug the USB cable into your PC at one end and your PS5 at the other end.
- Open the Discord application on your PC and in Settings, go to Voice Settings and then to Input Devices to select your MixAmp.
- Now it’s time to connect the MixAmp to the computer’s audio jack through a 3.5 mm port.
- Go to Voice Settings in Discord and switch the output device to the default speakers, and the MixAmp will be selected automatically.
- Link your headphones to MixAmp and check all connections. After that, go ahead and head into Discord and start your journey.
How to Link PSN to Discord
PlayStation does not support Discord. In order to link your PlayStation Network account to Discord, you will first need to ensure that you have a PlayStation Network account and have linked it to your Discord account.
Follow these steps
1. Select “Settings” from the Discord app.
2. Click “Connections” settings to access:
3. To link it to Discord, select the “PlayStation Network” account.
4. A request to sign into your Playstation account will appear. If you don’t already have one, make one today.
5. To connect your PlayStation account to Discord, click “Accept.”
6. You should then see a message confirming the connection between your accounts.
7. After that, your PlayStation Network connection should appear in the list of your Discord connections.
8. Your status on Discord will now be known to your friends.
When is Discord coming to PS5?
Discord has not yet announced a release date for their app on PS5, but we expect it to be available sometime in 2023. In the meantime, you can use the Discord web app or mobile app to stay connected with your friends and gaming communities.
We’ll update this article as soon as we have more information about Discord on PS5.
Here is the good news: Sony and Discord have a partnership and were said to be bringing discord to the consoles. It is also possible to pair your psn to Discord without downloading or using another app.
Here what Sony says about partnering with discord.
Together, our teams are already hard at work connecting Discord with your social and gaming experiences on PlayStation Network. Our goal is to bring the Discord and PlayStation experiences closer together on console and mobile starting early next year, allowing friends, groups, and communities to hang out, have fun, and communicate more easily while playing games together.
What does the PS5 offer for chatting?
Although the PS5 lacks any official Discord app, it is still possible to use it through a couple of easy methods. However, PlayStation has been working hard to push its players to start using PlayStation Network and PlayStation Party Chat over any other application.
PlayStation has developed PlayStation Party Chat to keep its users linked and connected with each other in a PlayStation Ecosystem rather than indulging in third-party applications. This application allows gamers to voice chat privately with each other using any in-game system for chatting.
Check this guide on Discord Stream no Sound.
Why Do Gamers Prefer Discord?
Discord might as well be one of the biggest communicating apps used by gamers all over the world because it has all the necessary requirements and features to make your gaming journey great by linking you with your friends.
Discord has become so prevalent that most gamers can’t even think of living without it.
Although the PlayStation Party Chat offers excellent features to get you connected with your friends through your gaming journey, Discord is still preferred by most users as it has been in the game for a long time and has established its throne when it comes to chatting.
Moreover, Discord is way more valuable and efficient when it comes to various gaming networks for chatting.
Check this article If you have an issue with with PS5 Won’t Start Game.
When you play a game on your PS5, the Create button will instantly get you a screenshot or video recording of it. It is simple to capture still photographs or videos of your gameplay.
Gameplay videos capture several minutes of footage and act like any other recorded video. This means you can record gameplay and then show off your killstreak on Warzone or your awesome trick shot in Rocket League.
Find the Screenshot/Video on Your Mobile Device.
On the app’s homepage, in the top-left corner, you’ll see a Party icon. It resembles two speech bubbles. Select that to access the Parties menu, which will open. Select the party chat to which you sent the screenshot or video from this menu. There it is: your handiwork that’s ready to be stored on your phone!
Tap the screenshot to view it. A download button is located at the bottom-right of the screen when the image opens. Tapping that option will save the image or video to your phone. You may now do anything you want with it.
Discord vs. PlayStation Party Chat
The differences when comparing Discord and PlayStation Party Chat. PlayStation has a brand new way to communicate with PS5 players. Playstation Party Chat will let you make friends and have video game parties much faster than Discord, but it’s not quite as flexible.
Discord is available on PC, Mac and Mobile devices. You can use the same account and profile on any of these. Party chat however is only available if your console is PlayStation 4 or Xbox One.
- PlayStation Party Chat is used only by PlayStation users, while Discord is supported on a range of devices.
- Discord has unique and exciting features that are absent from PlayStation Party Chat.
- The users of Discord are a mile high above the PlayStation Party Chat users.
- There is a wide range of things you can do on Discord, such as reacting to unlimited channels, sharing all sorts of stull, adding music bots and so much more. While on PlayStation, you cannot do anything besides do voice chats and send messages.
- Your friends might be gamers on other platforms, and voice chat with them can only be supported by Discord as PlayStation Party Chat is only for PlayStation users.
With all these points summed up, you can see why Discord is superior to PlayStation Party Chat and why it is used by millions of users worldwide.
Using Discord on PS4
There is already a built-in web browser on the PS4. It makes things pretty simple, and you can easily use Discord on it. Check the following steps. We also have a detailed guide on how to use Discord on PS4:
- Launch the PS4 Browser.
- Go to Discord.com, which is the official Discord site.
- Log in to your account.
- You can now switch between the games and the browser whenever you have to chat with friends.
And that is how easy it is to use Discord on your PS4.
Wrapping it Up
And that’s the end of it, folks. Now you know exactly what to do if you want to use Discord on your PS5. We hope that PlayStation will include a built-in web browser in their new update for the PS5, but until then, you can use the above-mentioned simple procedures to start connecting with friends through Discord.
Make sure you follow each step carefully, even though it seems pretty straightforward, to get everything done right.