Discord is probably the most popular application used by gamers worldwide, linking them with each other throughout their gaming journey. It is pretty clear that You can easily use Discord on a Smartphone or a PC.
However, if you are a PS4 user, you probably know that there is no direct way to use Discord on your console. But don’t you worry, as we have a trick or two up our sleeve that will get you rolling.
This ultimate guide will walk you through all the things you need to know to be able to use Discord on your PS4. Make sure you follow each step carefully to get the best results. So let’s get this started.
- Is It Possible to get Discord on PlayStation 4?
- Setting Up Discord on PlayStation 4
- Some Common Issues Faced With Discord
- Joining PS4 Party On PC
- Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Is It Possible to get Discord on PlayStation 4?
Discord is an excellent app, probably the best, which allows you to communicate with your mates through texting, voice chat, or video chat. This is a very versatile application and has all the essential features enabling you to stay in touch with others in a great environment.
Discord is very famous among gamers, and most gamers across the globe use it to communicate with their fellow gamers. It is readily available on a Desktop or a mobile phone. but, there is no official application for the PlayStation yet.
Although many requests have been made to make Discord available on the PlayStation 4, you do not have to wait for it as there are some tricks that you can use to reap full benefits from Discord on your PlayStation 4. So, the answer is YES; you can definitely use Discord on your PlayStation 4. Also know how to Install and Use Discord on PS5.
Follow through the guide to learn how.
Setting Up Discord on PlayStation 4
If you are willing to set up Discord on your PlayStation 4, you will have to find the required equipment first and then follow through with all the steps to get everything done right. The following passage contains text about the equipment you’ll be needing, along with the stepwise procedure of how we will get Discord on the PlayStation 4. And you will also get to know how to use Discord on PS4.
Equipment Required for Discord on PS4
The following is a list of every piece of equipment you will be needing to run Discord on your PlayStation 4.
- A headset with an optical cable and USB connection support.
- A MixAmp to allow switching of Audio between the PlayStation and your PC. Of course, a MixAmp Pro TR or something similar will also get the work done.
- You will also need the following cables
- 3.5 mm Aux splitter 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm with volume
- 3.5 mm Male to Male cable
- It would be best if you also had Discord downloaded on your Desktop/Laptop. Visit Discord’s official website to download the application.
Stepwise Procedure to Get Discord on PlayStation 4
The following are the steps to get Discord on your PlayStation 4:
- If you do not have a Discord account already, go ahead and sign up for one using your smartphone or computer.
- On your PlayStation 4, launch your web browser.
- Go ahead and visit the official website for Discord on your PS4 browser.
- Fill in your Login Info and sign in to your Discord account from your PS4 console.
Using Discord on PlayStation 4
Some might find it is a stressful job to use Discord on PlayStation 4, but if you follow the simple steps given below, you will master using it with ease.
- Using the optical cables, link your MixAmp or MoxAmp Pro TR with your PlayStation 4 console.
- On the Navigation Panel, find your way to PS4 Settings and click on Sound and Screen.
- In Sound and Screen, find Audio Output Settings. Go ahead and switch the Primary output Port to Digital (Optical) Output.
- Using a USB cable, connect your PC/Laptop with your Base Station. Make sure PC mode has been activated on your base station.
- On your PC, please tap on the Discord icon to launch it, and in Voice Settings, change the Input Device to your MixAmp.
- Run the recommended 3.5 mm audio jack from your PC / Laptop Speaker.
- Relaunch Discord and go to Voice Settings. Now go on and change your output device to your speakers.
By following the simple steps given above, you should be able to easily connect with your friends through Discord while using your PlayStation 4 simultaneously.
Some Common Issues Faced With Discord
Sometimes, users might find some issues when using Discord on your PlayStation 4. For example, your screen might turn black, or your audio might stop working. These are common issues one might face with Discord.
If you are facing Discord Stream No Sound issues, ensure that your sound button is On. You can also experiment with restarting your device to see if that fixes it. This problem mostly comes forward when you switch the GPU automatically. Try updating you GPU drivers to the latest version available, which might fix your issue. If the problem persists, go over the installation process again.
The cause for this is that when you are connected to the PS4, your primary audio files are retrieved from the MixAmp, which switches off other audios on your PC / Laptop automatically. So, if there is no audio on your Discord Stream, attempt plugging in the 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm cable in the Aux port of the MixAmp and the port on your PC.
Once done, switch the output device to the speaker, which should get the audio rolling again on your Discord Stream. You can also check why my PS4 won’t turn ON Diagnosis and how to fix it guide.
Joining PS4 Party On PC
PlayStation Party Chat is PlayStation’s built-in communication system which allows communicating with fellow gamers through voice chats and text messages. The application also supports screen sharing and can be used while inside a game or any other application.
If you want to join PS4 Party Chat on your PC, go through the steps below:
- First, download and install the PS4 Remote Play software on your Desktop.
- Sign in to this software using your PSN number.
- Switch your PlayStation 4 on.
- Go ahead and link the Party Chat option on your Desktop.
- Have the Remote Play Software running in the background.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
- Can I use Discord on PS4?
Answer: Although there is no official app for Discord on the PS4, you can still use it through alternative methods.
- Can I join a PS4 party chat on PC?
Answer: Yes, it is possible to join PS4 party chat on PC.
- What jacks do I need to connect my PC with PlayStation 4?
Answer: The best option you can go with is the 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm cables.
- Can you Download Discord on ps4?
Answer: No. Because there is no official discord app for PS4
This segment wraps up our guide, which simplifies how to use Discord on PS4. Discord has emerged itself to be the best application that provides a basis for communication between gamers and other users while at the same time providing fascinating features.
If you are a PlayStation user and want to use Discord on your console, ensure you follow through with the guide thoroughly and get yourself hooked up with the best communication app. Also check Best PS4 Thermal Paste here.
Hopefully, this article would have solved your issue, and now you can easily use Discord on your PlayStation 4 until Discord launches an official app for PlayStation.