Discord streams no sound is a very common issue faced by users, and it might get very frustrating. Now users might start bashing Discord for these issues, but it might not necessarily be Discord’s fault. Instead, the problem might lie in your computer, and you’ll have to figure it out to get things back on track.
Here, we will show you some of the most efficient fixes that will get your Discord Stream Sound back on track. So, please stick with us to get to know how to fix the Discord Stream no sound issue.
- Discord Stream No Sound
- Reasons For Discord Stream No Sound
- 11 Ultimate Fixes for Discord Stream No Sound
- Fix 1: Restart Your Computer
- Fix 2: Check Server Status for Discord
- Fix 3: Reset Discord Voice Settings
- Fix 4: Update Your Audio Drivers
- Fix 5: Add Program to Discord
- Fix 6: Use Discord Legacy Audio Subsystem
- Fix 7: Clear Discord Roaming Data
- Fix 8: Update Your Discord App
- Fix 9: Temporarily Disable Antivirus
- Fix 10: Repair Corrupt System Files
- Fix 11: Reinstall Discord
- Wrapping It Up
Discord Stream No Sound
Discord is one of the most popular platforms many top gamers use to connect with their friends and stream their gameplay. However, at times, certain bugs might raise some issues in the app resulting in no sound while streaming. The problems could arise due to numerous reasons, and to find a suitable fix, you must consider what might be causing those issues. That way, getting to the bottom of the problem will be much easier.
In the following text, we have mentioned some of the main problems that might be causing issues with your sound. We recommend you to have a glance at those problems to find the appropriate solution without wasting unnecessary time. Also check how to use Discord on PS5.
Reasons For Discord Stream No Sound
The following are some of the main reasons which might be causing Discord stream no sound:
Poor Quality Anti Malware and Antivirus
At times, the antivirus/antimalware on your computer might be the reason for your problem. Antiviruses that come free work very poorly and might put restrictions on some files for unnecessary reasons. They might consider normal files as viruses and hinder their functioning.
Due to these viruses, various Discord files might be deleted on their own, which may be a cause of the issues you are facing.
One of the most prominent reasons for Discord stream no sound is the corrupted cache. The cache files, at times, might be corrupted due to various reasons such as poor-quality Antivirus, unwanted PC shutdown, and many others reasons.
Incompatible Operating System
Some users report the message “Sound may not be available while sharing a screen on your device” showing up on Discord, regardless of having the appropriate hardware. Remember that only Windows 10 is capable of sharing audio while discord screen share. So, an outdated operating system might be the cause of your problems.
If your Windows or Discord settings are faulty or incorrect, you might face issues with your audio.
Outdated drivers might cause all sorts of problems, and no audio while streaming might be one of them. If your drivers are not up to date, you will certainly face malfunctioning in the software. Your hardware should be up to date for this as older hardware doesn’t get the best drivers.
Damaged Audio Ports
Although a rare occurrence, damaged audio ports might also be a cause of your audio problems. The audio ports are linked to the motherboard via cables, and damage to those cables can damage the audio port as a whole. To avoid any errors, use the audio ports in the rare I/O panel of the motherboard.
Low mic gains might cause issues with stream audio. IF you are using an external mic, make sure to higher the mic gains to an appropriate level to avoid audio issues.
11 Ultimate Fixes for Discord Stream No Sound
Now that we have addressed all the major reasons that might be responsible for your Discord issues, let us head on to discuss all the possible fixes we can use to tackle those issues.
Fix 1: Restart Your Computer
First and foremost, one of the most effective solutions to a PC problem is restarting your computer. At times, there are some programs running on your computer which conflict with the discord app. By restarting your computer, you’ll be powering on everything with a clean slate, and this might solve the issues you are facing.
If the issue still persists, move on to the next fixes.
Fix 2: Check Server Status for Discord
At times, apps undergo updates and maintenance, which might be the reason some features are suspended for a while. Check the social media pages of Discord to see if they have notified anything relating to servers. If this is the cause, there’s nothing you can do but wait for the app developers to resolve the issues.
However, if the issue appears regardless of all the servers being in place, there’s probably something else that’s causing those issues.
Fix 3: Reset Discord Voice Settings
If you have recently tweaked around with your Discord voice settings, and you suddenly started facing issues, then this might be the root of your problems. Follow the steps below to learn how to reset the voice settings to default to get things working again:
- Launch the discord application
- Click on the Settings option
- In the settings, find your way to Voice & Video. Click on it and then click Reset Voice Settings. Once done, click okay.
- Now go ahead and test your stream for audio. If there is still no audio, move on to the next fix.
Fix 4: Update Your Audio Drivers
One of the most common reasons for Discord stream audio problems is an outdated driver. If you want to keep your audio card functioning with the latest operating systems and applications, make sure your drivers are all updated.
Updating your drivers is pretty simple. You can do this manually by visiting your sound card’s manufacturer’s website. There you can search for the latest drivers for your module. When you find the appropriate drivers, just simply download and install them. This should do the thing for you. If updating your drivers doesn’t do the job, don’t worry, as we still have many fixes left for you.
Fix 5: Add Program to Discord
If you want to share your screen optimally, make sure to add the program you want to stream to Discord. Follow the steps below if you haven’t already done so:
- Launch Discord along with the program you want to stream and share.
- Find the settings icon and click on it.
- In settings, search for the Game Status tab and click on it. Once done, click Add it.
- Now click on the box which reads Select… to open the drop-down menu. Once done, find the program you want to share in the menu and select it.
- After selecting the program, click Add Game.
- Also, make sure you have turned on the toggle right next to Overlay.
Fix 6: Use Discord Legacy Audio Subsystem
You might face certain issues if your hardware is not compatible with the latest version of Discord’s audio subsystem. If this is the case, switching to the legacy Audio subsystem might fix the problem for you. Follow the steps below:
- Launch Discord
- Find the settings option and click on it.
- Search for the Audio & Video tab and click on it. You’ll find Legacy under the AUDIO SUBSYSTEM option. Go ahead and select it.
- To save the settings, click okay.
Fix 7: Clear Discord Roaming Data
Audio failure in Discord might also be caused by temporary Discord files and maybe improper account settings. To solve this issue, give clearing the Discord Roaming data option a try to see if it solves your problems. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Go ahead and completely exit Discord.
- Using your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and then type %appdata%. Then press the Enter key.
- Now find Discord in the list of program data and right-click on it.
- Once done, click on Delete.
- Now launch Discord again to see if the issue has been fixed. If it still persists, move on to the next fix.
Fix 8: Update Your Discord App
If the developer has recently launched an update, the update might be the reason why the previous version is not working properly. Updates are rolled out to fix various bugs and make the software/application better for you. So go ahead and update your Discord to the latest version to see if that makes things better.
Follow the steps below to update Discord:
- Using your keyboard, press on the Windows logo button and the R button at the same time. This will open the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog, type %localappdata% and then click on OK.
- Next, find Discord in the list and double-click on it.
- You’ll find a file named Update.exe. Double click on it and wait for the update process to complete.
- Now launch your Discord to see if the issue has been resolved.
Fix 9: Temporarily Disable Antivirus
At times, the reason why you’re not experiencing any audio while streaming with Discord is due to your Antivirus. Some poor antiviruses might hinder the proper functioning of certain applications, raising various issues. To check if this is the cause of your problem, you can temporarily disable your antivirus and launch Discord. If it works properly now, there’s something you have to do about your Antivirus.
If your Antivirus is the reason, you can contact your antivirus vendor and ask him how to resolve the issue, or you can simply uninstall the Antivirus and install a new one. However, it would be best if you were very careful while using your computer without an antivirus.
Fix 10: Repair Corrupt System Files
Missing or corrupt system files might be causing many issues along with Audio problems when streaming. To check if the problem lies in your system, you will have to scan your device with a professional Windows repair tool. We recommend you do use the app Restoro to check the status of your device properly. You can also use other apps for this purpose.
Follow the steps below to resolve this issue:
- Download the Restoro app from the official site and install it on your computer
- Launch the Restoro app
- Run a free on your computer using the Restoro app
- The scan might take a few minutes so hang in patiently for the app to provide you with a detailed report of your PC
- Once the scan is complete, click on START REPAIR. However, this feature requires a purchase on the Restoro app.
- Once the repair is complete, launch Discord to see if the issue has been resolved.
Fix 11: Reinstall Discord
If none of the Fixes above have worked out for you so far, your last resort is Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Discord app. This might delete corrupted files along with it and solve your problems. This step works most of the time when user’s face issues with all sorts of apps.
Follow the steps below:
- Launch the control panel on your PC.
- Under the Programs option, you will find Uninstall a program. Go ahead and click on it.
- Find Discord and right-click on it. Then click on Uninstall to uninstall the application from your PC.
- Redownload the Discord app and run it. Hopefully, this will resolve your issue.
If you still have an issue with discord stream sound and don’t know what to do you can check this video. Step by step
Wrapping It Up
Well, these were all the possible fixes one could think of to find a solution to Discord Stream Audio Not Working. I myself have faced this issue, and I have dedicated a lot of time to getting everything fixed. Eventually, one fix worked, and everything started functioning normally again.
To find the solution to your problem, it’s vital you first address the issue that’s actually causing the problem. Once you have done that, you’ll find it much easier to find the proper fix. However, if you can’t seem to find the underlying cause, then you can try each fix one by one and see which one works for you.
Finally, if the issue still fails to resolve, you can try to get in contact with the discord staff to see if they can help you out in this case. We hope this article helps solve your issue, and you can get back to streaming with normal audio and enjoy your gaming with friends and family.