Getting a high-end gaming console is definitely necessary for an out of this world gaming experience but having a solid and reliable internet connection is even more important than having a high-end gaming console. But even with a good internet connection, you can still face issues like data loss, DNA resolution time etc.
So, to get rid of these issues, choosing the best DNS server for your console is of utmost importance, and that is precisely what we are addressing today in this article.
What Is the Fastest DNS Server For PS5 And PS4?
The fastest DNS server for PS5 and PS4 is, without a doubt, OpenNIC and Google Public DNS. The Primary DNS for OpenNIC is 126.96.36.199, whereas, for Google, it is 188.8.131.52.
To enter the DNS settings on your PS5, you first want to set up an internet connection and then specify the DHCP hostname.
How Do DNS Servers Work in PlayStation Consoles?
DNS servers give your console a stable internet connection throughout. The job of a DNS server is to decrease the amount of traffic by a specific amount. There are many DNS servers out there that are pretty safe to use and allow you to view censored information.
How to Change the DNS Server on PS4 or PS5?
You are lucky because changing the DNS server on your PS4 or PS5 is really simple. Just follow these simple steps:
- From the PlayStation menu, open settings.
- Then, go to Network.
- Choose the option Set Up Internet Connection.
- Then, choose LAN/ Wi Fi> Custom.
- The page will ask for DHC Host Name. Click on Do Not Specify.
- Then, on the upcoming page, choose Manual.
- You will see the option to enter Primary and Secondary DNS. Type in the details.
- A page will popup saying Internet Settings Updated.
- You can also test the internet connection if you wish. Click on Test Internet connection on the page.
That is all you need to do to successfully change the DNS servers on PS4 and PS5.
List of the Fastest DNS Servers For PS5
Here is the list of the top DNS servers for your PS5:
|DNS Server||Primary DNS||Secondary DNS|
|Level3 DNS||184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124||126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11|
How to Check PS5 Internet Speed
Before changing your DNS server, you want to know the current speed of your internet. To do this:
- Go to the Settings menu on your PS5.
- Then, choose Network.
- Select Test Internet Connection.
- 10 seconds later, you will receive all the information regarding your PS% internet connection.
How to Configure DNS Server For PS5?
You can easily change your PS5’s DNS server. Follow the steps below:
- On PS5’s home screen, click on Settings.
- Click on the Network option.
- Then, go to Setup Internet Connection.
- Pick Wi-Fi or LAN cable.
- Then, select Automatic, Manual, and PPPoE and click on the Automatic button to continue.
- Specify the DHCP hostname and click on Manual.
- Enter the Primary DNS in the Primary DNS field.
How to Configure DNS Server For PS4?
Like changing the DNS server on PS5, changing on PS4 is also easy. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings.
- Then go to Network.
- Go to Establish an Internet Connection.
- Then, Select Either Wi-Fi or LAN.
- Click on Custom configuration.
- Then, run through all the options without changing anything until you reach DNS Settings.
- Change the DNS Settings to Manual.
- Enter the following Google DNS servers: 18.104.22.168 Primary: 22.214.171.124 Secondary: 126.96.36.199 and click OK.
Benefits of DNS Servers
There are lots of advantages to using DNS Servers. For starters, it reduces game latency. Apart from that, it helps you maintain a stable internet connection. A DNS server also gives you a faster loading time. If you are a parent, you can establish parental control for your kids. By using DNS alongside firewalls and Phishing prevention, you can achieve high levels of security.
What is the fastest DNS server for gaming?
The fastest DNS servers for gaming are Google Public DNS, Cloudflare DNS, and OpenDNS.
Is it safe to change DNS on PS4?
Yes, it is totally safe to change the DNS on your PS4. There are no associated risks. Changing your DNS server will not affect your console in any way.
Should I Choose A Paid DNS?
Using a paid DNS is that you get additional control and features. Many of the paid versions offer better performance and speed as well. However, a paid DNS is not for everyone. One of the free DNS servers mentioned above will get the job done. It is totally a personal preference.
How to find my DNS server of PlayStation?
To find DNS servers of PlayStation, go to Settings. Then go to Network and click on Set up Network. If you have not set up your primary and secondary DNS server, it will use the default DNS. You can change the DNS server to your preference from the list above for an improved network and gaming experience.
If your internet connection is troubling you, you should consider changing your DNS server. It is straightforward to do so, and there are lots of free options available that are totally safe to use. Hopefully, by the end of this article, you will solve any issues regarding DNS servers on your PS4 and PS5.