If you’re a regular Comcast account user, and you’re figuring ways out of how to check your emails on Comcast, you’ll be glad to know that you’ve come to the right place. This article is a complete guide about how to check your Comcast emails in different ways.
The simplest and obvious way to check your Comcast emails would be directly going to their webmail service. There are also various methods to check your emails, like linking your Comcast account to Google Gmail or Microsoft Hotmail account. Connecting your account to Gmail or Hotmail will help you view your Comcast emails easily.
Simple Way to Check your Comcast Email
There are five different ways to check your Comcast Emails; we will discuss every method so you’ll able to choose the easiest one for yourself.
Using the Comcast Xfinity Webmail Service
The easiest and most basic way to view your Comcast Emails is to visit their webmail service, known as Comcast Xfinity Webmail service. To view your emails through the Xfinity webmail service, follow these easy steps;
1. Go directly to the Xfinity.com home page.
2. On the top right corner, click the Email icon.
3. Clicking the Email icon will direct you to a new window.
4. Enter the asked username and password and then sign-in.
5. After you sign in, you will be directed to Xfinity Connect, where you can check your Comcast emails.
Using the Comcast Smartphone App
Besides the Xfinity Webmail service, you can also check your emails using the Comcast Xfinity Connect App on your Smartphone. This App is readily available on both Android and iOS devices. Once you download the App, follow these steps to check your Comcast emails;
- Open the Comcast Xfinity Connect App
- Enter the needed email address and password and click Sign in
- After signing in, click on the Email button to access your emails on the App
Redirecting your Comcast Email to Third-Party Email Client
You can also redirect your Comcast Email account to a third-party email service that will help you view your emails quickly. For instance, you can link your Comcast account with email services like Gmail or Hotmail, and your Comcast mails will be directed to your Gmail or Hotmail account.
Follow these steps to see how to redirect your Comcast emails to your Gmail account.
- To start with, Log in to your Gmail Account.
- Under the settings tab, select the Accounts and Imports option.
- In the Accounts and Imports section, click Add a mail Account.
- A new window will pop-up; you’ll need to enter your Comcast Email Address and then click Next.
- After clicking Next, now click the Import Email From my Other Account (POP3) radio option.
- A new window will pop-up where you’ll be needed to enter your username and password for your Comcast Email Address
- Under the password section, fill the remaining tabs as shown.
- In the POP service option, type imap.comcast.net.
- Set the Port to 993
- Now select Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail option.
- After entering the required information, click Add account to finish the process.
- After completing the process, you’ll be able to receive your Comcast emails on your Gmail account. Note that this can only be used for receiving emails, not for sending your Comcast emails from Gmail.
Configuring an Email Client
Apart from receiving your emails on Gmail or Hotmail, you can also receive your Comcast emails on Email Clients like Windows Mail or Microsoft Outlook. To configure an Email Client for your Comcast Email, follow these simple steps;
For Receiving Mail:
- Incoming Mail Server: imap.comcast.net
- Set the Port to 993
- SSL Turned
For Outgoing Mail:
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.comcast.net
- Set the Port to 587
After you have configured an Email client with the help of the above settings, you’ll be able to receive and send Comcast emails.
Changing the Comcast Account Email Address
If you don’t like to use the Xfinity Email account, but you still want to receive news, notifications, and other updates from Comcast, you can change the email address to the one you like or use more frequently. To change your Comcast Email address, follow these simple steps;
- Sign in to your Xfinity Comcast Account
- Navigate to Account settings
- Click the Personal Contact information option.
- Now select Edit alongside Additional Email.
- Now Click the Add a Personal Email Address and then select Add Email.
- After adding your new Email Address, select Edit and then click the Make this Preferred option to finish the process
In this method, you can add any Account that you use the most, and you’ll receive different notifications, news, and updates from Comcast on your Yahoo, Gmail, or any other account. You can also remove the current account and add another email address too.