When you play video games, you already know how much a decent headset can improve your whole gaming experience. Therefore, the Corsair Void is a terrific choice if you’re hunting for a superb headset with outstanding features and sound quality.
However, some of our readers have reported that they have had Corsair Void Pro Mic issues with Discord, other VoIP programs, and occasionally in-game as well.
You shouldn’t be concerned if this is occurring to you. Your mic will once again function flawlessly with Discord after we teach you how to resolve this issue. In this article, I have outlined all of the definitive fixes you can try out to resolve the issue you are facing.
I have been through a similar problem myself, and after researching and trying out different fixes, I was able to solve the problem for good.
There are multiple fixes mentioned in this article. If you know the underlying cause of the issue, the solution will be simple to get to.
If you’re completely unaware of what’s causing the problem, there’s no need to worry. All you have to do is try out each solution until you get to the one that works for you. So, stick with me till the end, and we’ll have your issue resolved in no time.
- Why Does My Corsair Void Mic Not Function With Discord?
- Before we begin troubleshooting
- Fix for Corsair Void Mic Not Working with Discord
- Fixes Specifically for Discord Users
- Wrapping It Up
Why Does My Corsair Void Mic Not Function With Discord?
If you play video games online on a platform like Steam or Uplay while utilizing Discord, you may be familiar with the Corsair Void headsets. There is a fair amount of player interest in this. This is lightweight in addition to being comfortable on the head. The fact that this has superb sound-producing capabilities is quite important.
On the other hand, there’s a chance that your Corsair void pro microphone will eventually give you trouble. Discover the root cause of the error that your Corsair headset mic isn’t working, and you’ll be well on your way to effectively resolve the issue. Why, then does your microphone not function when you try to use it on Discord?
Due to privacy concerns, the computer may occasionally not have been given access to the microphone, which can limit how well the programs can use the microphone.
The audio driver you are running might occasionally be out-of-date or faulty, which would cause the error to appear. As a result, we advise you to try reinstalling the driver using the below-mentioned fixes.
The Corsair Void Pro Mic, not Working issue might be brought on by the fact that your microphone’s settings haven’t been optimized. As a result, we advise that you change your settings following the instructions below.
Before we begin troubleshooting
It is advised that you analyze the hardware before looking for any issues with the program. Therefore, take the following course of action:
- Make sure to check each of your headphones’ connections twice to ensure that no wires are frayed and that the jacks are inserted correctly. When utilizing headphones with your computer, the problem could be resolved by using a separate headphone jack.
- Try a Soft Reset; that should also solve the issue. To accomplish this, confirm that the headphones are turned off and that the headset is plugged in. After that, press and hold the Power button while holding down the Mute button for 15 seconds to turn on the headphones. Release both buttons at the end. Resetting the headphones will be successful.
- An unclean headphone jack is another underlying reason for this problem. Even a very tiny film of oil or dirt might prevent the audio connector from connecting, rendering the microphone useless. This problem may be fixed by cleaning the audio jack with rubbing alcohol, which will restore it to perfect condition.
- If you have a model of this headset that plugs into a USB port, the problem is with the USB ports on your computer. Try connecting your headset to a USB 3.0 connection on your computer if you have previously been using a USB 2.0 port. Similarly, if you have been using a USB 3.0 port, try switching to a USB 2.0 port to see if it helps.
Therefore, it must feel wonderful if you tried all the basic actions listed above and were able to resolve your problem. But if the issue persists, try the suggested fixes listed below to resolve the software-related problems.
Fix for Corsair Void Mic Not Working with Discord
If you also own the headset and are having the same issue as detailed above, this section of the post could be useful to you. The more technical solutions offered in this section should be used if the above basic strategies are unable to solve the problem.
The following are the fixes you can try out to resolve the problem of Corsair Void Mic Not Working with Discord.
Allow Mic Permission
One thing you should check is the Windows permission settings since they could need to be modified. What would happen if the Corsair headset could not be accessed by your version of Windows? Your microphone won’t make any sound in this situation since it’s against the rules. You must thus provide permission for the microphone to be used in order to avoid issues with your headphones.
So, follow to the instructions below to provide access to the microphone:
- By pressing the Win key on your keyboard, the Start Menu will be shown.
- Click on the Microphone privacy settings after typing “microphone” into the search field.
- Make sure the toggle switch is turned ON in the section under “Let applications access your microphone” so that you may provide apps access to your microphone.
- Check that the toggle switch for the program you are using to play is set to the On position for the microphone by scrolling down until you reach the section labelled “Choose which applications can access your microphone.”
As soon as you’re finished, make sure to check the Corsair Void headset to verify whether the defective microphone problem has been resolved. If the problem persists, you can jump on to the next fixes.
Customize Audio Settings
Windows is often capable of identifying a microphone and using it as the system’s primary audio recording device. But occasionally, it doesn’t work the way you’d anticipate. You will need to manually adjust the audio settings and choose the device you wish to use as the default option to fix the issue where Discord is not identifying your microphone.
The steps to take to achieve it are described below:
- By selecting the Win key on your keyboard and putting Control Panel into the search field, you may access the Control Panel.
- Look for the Sound tab in the Control Panel window.
- The sound window will open when you click on Sound.
- Locate and choose the Headset Microphone Corsair VOID Wireless Gaming Dongle from the list of microphones under the Recording menu.
- Next, select Properties after clicking Set Default.
- Select the Levels tab in the Microphone Properties box, then drag the microphone’s volume slider all the way to the top to alter the level.
- The final step is to confirm that the changes are saved by pressing OK.
The Corsair headset mic may now be tested to check if the problem that was preventing it from working has been fixed. If not, jump to the next fix.
Update Your Audio Drivers
You could be having this problem as a result of an outdated audio driver or a driver that isn’t compatible with your system.
As a result, you must determine whether the problem is fixed by upgrading your audio driver to the most recent version. If you don’t lack the time, patience, or knowledge required to manually update the driver, you may update the driver fast using a Driver updating tool.
Your device might malfunction or stop working altogether if the audio device drivers are out of date or completely missing. Your audio device’s driver may need to be updated in order to resolve the issue.
The steps to upgrade your audio driver are as follows:
- Enter “device manager” into the search box to launch it.
- To view the driver list, click on Audio Inputs and Outputs.
- Update the driver by doing a right-click on the audio drivers.
- Select check for updates automatically.
Restart your computer after upgrading the drivers for changes to take effect. If the problem persists, jump right on to the next fix.
Try Running the Troubleshooter
To resolve the problem with your Corsair void pro microphone, you may also try running Troubleshooter. It is common to utilize the Troubleshooter to fix typical computer issues, like those with offline printers, unreliable Ethernet connections, undetectable networks, etc. However, if your microphone isn’t working, you may still utilize this functionality.
You may thus use the methods listed below to put it into effect:
- Either click the Start button or concurrently press the Win + I key on your keyboard to access Settings.
- Navigate to System > Troubleshoot > Other Troubleshooters if you are running Windows 11.
- Hit the Run the Troubleshooter button after selecting the Playing Audio option.
- To complete the procedure, adhere to the on-screen directions.
The Corsair Void mic not functioning with the Discord issue should be resolved by the time you have finished troubleshooting. If the issue still hasn’t been resolved, try the next solution.
Check For Hardware Errors
If you have tried all of the aforementioned solutions and the problem persists, it’s conceivable that hardware is to blame. So, if you use a wired headset, it is especially crucial that you examine the hardware for any issues.
It is advised that you try this fix since the issue where Discord fails to identify the microphone may also be brought on by a faulty computer connection or piece of hardware. The following are a few possible methods for error checking.
To begin with, check to see if the headset’s connection to the computer is safe. If the issue continues, check the headphones’ cables to determine if anything is broken. You can also try a different port to determine whether the problem is with that one.
If your issue was a hardware one, it ought to be resolved by now. If it doesn’t, implement the following fixes.
Reinstall ICUE and Corsair Drivers
Users who have had this problem say that uninstalling and then reinstalling the iCUE Software has resolved it. Let’s try this approach and see if it can help us determine whether the issue with your Corsair Void Mic has been resolved.
To start, you must adhere to the guidelines listed below in order to remove iCUE from your computer.
- Open Windows Settings by clicking on the Start button, then select the Apps option from the left sidebar.
- For the Corsair ICUE, choose Installed Apps.
- Uninstall may be selected by clicking on the three-dot menu next to the Corsair ICUE app.
- Uninstall it now as normal.
You must restart your computer after completing all of the uninstalling process’s stages. Install the most recent version of the ICUE Software that you downloaded earlier on your computer.
Check For Broken or Defective Mic
You may have a broken headset or a faulty mic, which might be the cause of your mic not working correctly in Discord. You may find further proof of this by analyzing how well your microphone performs in a variety of settings.
Your microphone is probably destroyed if it is completely unusable. In this case, you should either get a new headset or go out and get your microphone repaired.
Update Firmware of Your Device
Update the Firmware of your device by following the steps below:
- Launch the iCUE programme and select the “Settings” option in the app window after first pressing the “Start” icon and typing “iCUE” into the search bar.
- Finally, to update the device firmware, go to the “Updates” options in the left menu list and select “Check for updates.”
Repair Corsair ICUE
You can repair Corsair iCUE by following the steps below:
- In the first place, right-click the “Start” button and select “Run” from the menu.
- To open the “Device Manager,” enter the following command in “Run” and press “OK“: devmgmt.msc
- Expand the Human Interface Devices area in the Device Manager window by clicking on it. Then, right-click on “Corsair composite virtual input device” and select the “Uninstall” option.
- Following its uninstallation, download the iCUE installer file from their website and do a thorough installation once more.
- The iCUE repair tool will then scan for driver problems once you choose “Next” after selecting the “Repair” option in the iCUE setup window.
Give The Audio Troubleshooter A Try
It’s a good idea to run the Audio Troubleshooter to see if that can fix any problem.
Follow the steps below to run the Audio Troubleshooter:
- To begin, click the “Windows button” to open “Windows Settings,” then select the “Update & Security” menu item.
- Now choose the “Troubleshoot” option found under “Update & Security” in the left menu list.
- If you can’t find any troubleshooting choices on the page, select “Additional troubleshooters” instead.
- Go to the “Recording audio” option, expand it by clicking on it, and then select “Run the troubleshooter.”
- Windows will automatically scan your computer for any issues it finds; as a result, the scan may take some time, so patience is required. Once the scan is complete, you must follow the on-screen instructions to fix your microphone.
Fixes Specifically for Discord Users
The following fixes are highly specific for Discord users and involve the Discord interface. Try out the fixes given below to see if they can be of any help to you.
Reset Your Discord Voice Settings
- Once Discord has launched, enter “Settings” in the bottom left of the app window by first pressing the “Windows” key and typing “Discord” into the search box.
- Accessing Discord Settings Go to the “Voice & Video” option in the left menu list. Scroll down to the “Reset voice settings” option, and clicking it will cause “Discord” to restart.
Turn On the Push-to-Talk Option
- Open “Discord” first, then go to “User settings” in the lower-left corner of the site.
- Select “Voice & Video” from the list on the left-hand side of the screen under “App Settings.”
- By selecting the “Push-to-Talk” checkbox, you may now change the input method from “Voice Activity” to “Push-to-Talk.”
Change Audio Input Sensitivity Settings
- Open the “Voice & Video” options on the left-hand side of the “Discord” homepage by selecting “User settings.”
- The “Input sensitivity” metre may be found under the “Input Mode” option if you now scroll down.
- Finally, talk into the microphone while turning the “Automatically determine input sensitivity” switch to “ON.” If the see-through bar below turns to “Solid Green,” your microphone is functioning.
- If the previous step didn’t work, turn the “Automatically determine input sensitivity” switch option “OFF” and then drag the manual slider for “Input sensitivity” to the middle or a little further. This will allow you to see if the bar moves when you speak, which should indicate that the microphone is functioning.
Why is my Corsair Void pro mic not working?
Your Corsair Void pro mic might not be working for multiple reasons, including misconfigured settings, driver issues, and no microphone access.
Why is my mic not working on Discord?
Your Void Pro microphone may not be working properly with Discord for a variety of reasons, any of which might have been the root of the issue.
One of the most frequent sources of issues is using drivers who are too old. Due to the fact that these components must also be updated often, any inconsistency might cause issues.
Be warned that the voice configuration on the Discord server could be broken and that the audio settings on your Corsair Void microphone might not be accurate. Obviously, the issues you’re having with your device might be caused by a hardware issue.
How do I fix my Corsair Void mic?
You can fix your Corsair Void mic with the following fixes:
- Allow access to the microphone.
- Update your audio driver.
- Check for hardware issues.
- Adjust your audio settings.
Why is my Corsair Void headset not working?
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Corsair audio device drivers and iCUE if troubleshooting sound issues does not resolve the issue. The Windows Control Panel should be open. Choosing Device Manager Choose your audio outputs and inputs.
Wrapping It Up
All things considered, the Corsair Void Pro Mic is the best gaming headset that is compatible with Windows. The usage of this microphone can enhance the game’s overall performance and give you a wonderful experience.
In this article, I have addressed the issue faced by users with the Corsair Void mic not working. This issue is common amongst users and can usually be fixed by pulling a few tricks up the sleeve.
I have provided you with all the fixes you can try to get your Corsair Void Mic to start working again. If these fixes fail to work, the problem may lie in your hardware, or your headphones may be damaged. In such a case, you can try repairing the headphones or have them replaced completely.
Hopefully, this article will have helped you find a solution for the Corsair Void mic not working with Discord. We wish you all the best.