The Discord Nitro is a premium subscription that has its own perks and benefits. You may be here because you want to subscribe to Discord premium, but somehow, you’re failing to do so. You have no clue why you’re facing this issue, and it’s frustrating you a little.
Initially, when I myself was subscribing to Discord Nitro, I also faced an issue of such type. However, after digging into it, I was able to get rid of the problem and get my premium subscription to Discord Nitro. If that’s your concern for today, you have reached the right place.
Now the question here is, what’s stopping you from subscribing to Discord Nitro. There are multiple reasons to why subscribing to Discord Nitro may fail. First of all, if you don’t have a valid debit/credit card, you will not be able to log in to Discord Nitro. Other reasons may include not having a bank account supported by Discord Nitro, not providing the appropriate information to confirm the payment method, not having your bank account linked to PayPal Wallets, or even having a prepaid card.
As you have read, the issues are multiple and need to be addressed thoroughly. Therefore, you are advised to go through the entire article carefully to find the best solution to your issues. So, without further to do, let’s head into it.
What Is Discord nitro?
Discord Nitro is basically a more premium subscription tier of Discord, which is the most popular game chatting service worldwide. The Discord Nitro comes with all sorts of cool and premium features such as access to custom Discord number tags, animated avatars, custom emojis from every channel you’re a part of, and even server boosts for your preferred community.
Discord Nitro is available in two variants: The Nitro, which is $9.99 per month, and the Nitro Classic at $4.99 per month. You may also avail discounts on year-long subscriptions. However, the free version of Discord allows you all the necessary features to link you up with your teammates, start your own server, and participate in channels.
Why You Should Subscribe to Discord Nitro
Discord Nitro is a paid and upgraded version of Discord. The first three months of the subscription are free of cost, after which you’ll be charged on a monthly or yearly basis, depending on your plan. If you’re wondering it’s worth it, follow through with this segment. Discord Nitro provides users with the following perks:
- Upgraded Go-Live Streaming: Go-Live is a brilliant feature allowing you to stream your content to a limited group of people. You will be able to stream at source quality on the Nitro.
- Global Emojis: Discord servers have custom emojis that have been created by a server owner or the community.
- Custom Discord Tag: Every Discord username has a four-digit random number after it. The Discord Nitro allows you to customize this number to your own liking, as long as the combination you choose isn’t occupied by someone else.
- Increased Upload Limit: On free Discord, the file upload limit is only 8 MB. While on theDiscord Nitro Classic and the Nitro, the upload limits are 50 MB and 100 MB, respectively.
- Screen Sharing: The Discord Nitro allows you to share screens with your friends in up to 720p at 60 FPS or 1080p at 30 FPS.
- Animated Avatars: Users of the premium tier may use animated GIFs as an avatar instead of basic static images.
Other than all of that, every subscriber also gets a tiny badge next to their username. This portrays the user has subscribed to Discord Nitro.
How to Fix Can’t Subscribe to Discord Nitro
Discord is the most renowned and popular platform allowing audio, video, and text message features. The Discord Nitro is an upgraded version of Discord with more premium features. You get the first three months of subscription free, after which you’ll have to choose a payment plan.
While you subscribe to Discord Nitro, there are a few things you must be very careful about. By avoiding these issues, you’ll automatically get rid of and fix the problem.
The following are some of the hurdles faced by users while subscribing to Discord Nitro. Try avoiding these obstacles, and you won’t face a single issue at all.
- Use a Discord Supported Payment Method: In order to pay a subscription fee ontheDiscord Nitro, you must choose a method that is supported by the application. You will be able to grab a Discord Nitro subscription if you have a Debit/credit card, PayPal Wallet, Paysafe card, Paym, and cryptocurrencies.
- Provide Appropriate Information to Confirm Payment Method: If you want to confirm your payment method, you must provide appropriate and valid details regarding your bank account. These include account number, name, billing address etc. If the account information isn’t identical to the one you have provided, you won’t be allowed to subscribe to Discord Nitro.
- Avoid Using Invalid and Prepaid Debit/Credit Cards: While paying for the Discord Nitro subscription, you must use a valid debit/credit card. You also won’t be able to subscribe to Discord Nitro if your card is prepaid.
- Link Bank Account with PayPal: If your bank account isn’t linked with PayPal, you won’t be allowed to use your wallet balance while you subscribe to Discord Nitro. To use PayPal as your payment confirmation method, you must first link your bank account to your PayPal wallet.
- Change Payment Confirmation Method: If you’re facing any sort of issue with your subscription, you can try to switch your current payment confirmation method. To switch the payment confirmation method, you must follow a set of steps.
The following steps will allow you to switch to another payment method:
- First of all, you must open the Discord Nitro app.
- Once done, select the User Settings tab.
- Here, you must find your way to the Subscription tab if you want to make a change.
- Now, navigate your way to the Make this my default payment method tab.
- You can now add the payment method you want to select here.
By keeping all of this in mind and avoiding any such inconveniences, you’ll be able to get rid of any sort of issue while subscribing to Discord Nitro. Next, we’ll show you how you can subscribe to Discord Nitro on your Desktop.
How to Subscribe to Discord Nitro on Desktop
We discussed some very important precautions to keep in mind while subscribing to Discord. You must take care of every point if you want a hassle-free subscription process. You will face issues while subscribing if you don’t apply those points to yourself before you proceed to subscribe to Discord Nitro.
Now you may be wondering about the actual process of how to subscribe to Discord Nitro. This segment of the text will walk you through the entire process through a series of steps. You must follow each step carefully.
The following are the steps for subscribing to Discord Nitro:
- First of all, go ahead and launch Discord.
- At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see the Settings icon. Go ahead and click on it.
- You will not be presented with an account Settings screen.
- Find your way to Discord Nitro from the left.
- You should be able to see the Subscriber Option beneath the Discord Nitro option. Go ahead and click on it.
- You will have to choose a subscription plan now. You may choose whether to prefer a monthly or yearly subscription.
- Once selected, you must now proceed to the Payment Confirmation Method. Select a payment confirmation method and put in all the required valid information. Make sure everything is correct to avoid any issues.
- Once you complete the above process, you’ll be provided with a shiny badge right on your Discord profile. You’ll also unlock all the amazing cool new features Discord Nitro has in store for you.
How to Purchase Discord Nitro on Mobile
The process of buying Discord Nitro on a smartphone is super easy, be it Android or iOS.
Go through the steps below to purchase Discord Nitro on your Mobile (Android / iOS):
- Launch the Discord app with your device.
- Go ahead and click on your profile picture.
- You will be able to see a Nitro Settings bar. Go ahead and click on it.
- Once done, select the Get Nitro option.
- You will be displayed with options to allow you to subscribe to Nitro. Go through the subscription steps, and you will be using the Discord Nitro on your mobile phone in no time.
How do I get Discord Nitro 3 months for free?
You can get three months of free Discord Nitro by following the steps below:
Find your way to the Epic Games store
Sign in to your Epic account
Visit the promo page of Discord Nitro
Go ahead and purchase Discord Nitro for free
Check the email you have associated for a special code.
Once done, click redeem. Now log into your Discord Nitro account.
Enter all the required details and have fun rocking three months of Discord Nitro for free.
Why can’t I redeem my free Discord Nitro?
If Discord senses that you have already made a subscription in the past, or if you have an active and gifted subscription, you will be displayed an error message. If you do not meet the requirements, you won’t be allowed to redeem the Discord nitro promotion onto your Discord account for free.
How to buy Nitro with a PayPal balance?
There is no way to pay for Discord Nitro with only a PayPal balance currently at the moment. This is because Discord Nitro is a recurring payment. Therefore, if you want to pay for Discord Nitro through PayPal, you must link in with a debit/credit card or even a bank account that is tied to your PayPal account.
Discord Nitro is a premium and paid version of Discord that provides all sorts of cool new facilities. These facilities include avatars, customized emojis, animated GIFs, and a shiny new profile badge. This makes video, audio, and text messaging so much better, and you’ll definitely love the whole experience Discord provides with the Nitro.
You’ll also get better qualities when it comes to streaming and video chatting. If you’re wondering whether it’s worth it to upgrade to Discord Nitro, my answer will always be yes. Once you get used to Discord Nitro, you’ll never want to go back to the basic Discord.
In this article, we have provided you with all the multiple reasons that may be responsible for issues faced while subscribing to Discord Nitro. These issues could be related to your credit/debit card or even the information you have put in. By being careful and focusing on avoiding such issues, you’ll be able to register yourself as a Discord Nitro user in a hassle-free manner. We have also explained in a stepwise manner how you can subscribe to Discord Nitro using both a Desktop and a mobile phone.
Fix Discord Pausing Spotify [Solved]
Fix Discord Not Updating Messages
Discord Changing Avatar Too Fast