Razer is the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware, software, and systems and is a multinational technology company that designs, develops, and sells electronics, financial services, and gaming hardware.
The company has Razer Synapse software, which is mainly used to control or customize any of your Razer peripherals, for instance, Razer mouse, keyboard, etc., and saves all your settings to the cloud. With the software, you can access cool features like color customization, changing the DPI levels, and much more.
Although the software is a complete package and is a solid one, specific issues can still occur. For example, many users complain about Razer Synapse not opening; if you’re one of them, you’ve come to the right place. In today’s article, we have done all the hard work for you. All you need to do is follow the steps!
Rest assured, software issues are easy to resolve. You can fix your problem by either updating the app or following other solutions that I provide in this article. So keep scrolling as I’m here to teach you everything you need to know about the Synapse software issues and how to fix them in a jiffy!
Here are some helpful and easy steps for you to follow to fix Razer Synapse not working:
- 1. Reinstall Razer Synapse and Razer Device Drivers
- 2. Don’t Install Razer Surround with Synapse
- 3. Install the Latest Microsoft.NET Framework
- 4. Disable Third-Party Antivirus
- 5. Close Razer Processes
- 6. Check for Window Updates
- 7. Troubleshoot the Hardware
- Possible Issues With Razer Synapse Software
- Razer Synapse Not Detecting Mouse
- Razer Synapse Not Detecting Keyboard
- How Do I Connect My Razer To Synapse?
- Is Razer Synapse a Virus?
- Does Razer Synapse Need To Run On a Startup?
- Resolve Razer Synapse 2.0 Crashes
- Disable The Razer Synapse Splash Screen At Startup
- Fix Razer Synapse Does Not Detect Razer Device
- How Do I Reinstall Synapse?
1. Reinstall Razer Synapse and Razer Device Drivers
Sometimes, your device drivers can cause your software not to work. In this case, reinstalling the device drivers can help fix the problem. All you need to do is:
- Access device manager.
- Expand the device section you wish to uninstall.
- Select and click uninstall.
- Reinstall and see if it works.
2. Don’t Install Razer Surround with Synapse
If the Razer Surround module is turned on, the software may freeze or not work at all, which is quite irritating for some users. If you have a surround module, turning it off or changing its installation can help. Here’s how:
- Open Run by pressing the Windows key and R hotkey.
- Enter appwiz. cpl in Run’s text box.
- Click OK to open the window shown directly.
- Find the Surround module.
- Uninstall it.
3. Install the Latest Microsoft.NET Framework
The NET Framework is a system requirement for Razer Synapse. If it isn’t installed, it will lead to the failure of Razer Synapse 3 to function, causing you to be unable to take full advantage of the software. Download the new Framework from the official site.
4. Disable Third-Party Antivirus
Any third-party apps or antiviruses can turn off or freeze your software. This can be not very pleasant. To prevent your software from turning off or freezing:
- Go to device manager.
- Expand the software section you wish to uninstall.
- Select and click uninstall.
5. Close Razer Processes
Razer processes running in the background can stop or freeze the software. To stop Razer processes from running in the background, simply:
- Right-click on the taskbar.
- Select Task Manager.
- Select any Razer processes which are listed under background processes.
- Click End task to close them.
- Close task manager and see results.
6. Check for Window Updates
An outdated window can cause the software to freeze as well as lead to other issues as well.
- Search for windows update in your PC’s search bar.
- Go through necessary updates.
- Update the correct version.
7. Troubleshoot the Hardware
You can troubleshoot your hardware to see if there is any fault in your hardware or PC. Follow the steps below:
- Connect your hardware with other USB ports you have on your case.
- Then, check to see if it works.
- Use your hardware on another PC that has the same software. If the hardware works, there could be something wrong with your PC or software.
Possible Issues With Razer Synapse Software
A lot of reasons are there, due to which you could be facing a problem with your software. Usually, the software fails to work correctly because of one or two issues, and as a result, the software shows different errors and detection while running. As a result, it can lead to an unsmooth experience.
Here, I have highlighted all the possible issues you can face as well as how to tackle them:
Razer Synapse Not Detecting Mouse
If Razer Synapse cannot detect your Razer device, it could either be due to a software or hardware issue or that Razer Synapse does not support the device. So first, check whether your device is supported by Razer Synapse 3 or Synapse 2.0.
To fix the hardware problem, you can try using another USB port. Sometimes, a damaged USB port prevents your computer from detecting your mouse, so try a different port. You can try connecting your mouse to a different computer to see if your mouse is detected. If your mouse is detected, there should be something wrong with the other computer. If Razer Synapse is still not detecting the mouse, it’s usually your mouse issue and will either need a repair or replacement.
You can try uninstalling Razer Synapse to fix the issue, reinstall your device drivers or update your Razer device drivers. Sometimes, third-party apps can also cause this problem. Therefore, disabling third-party apps can also help you resolve this issue.
Razer Synapse Not Detecting Keyboard
Having complications with your hardware or PC Can lead to your keyboard not being detected. First, make sure that your device is properly plugged in and connected directly to your computer, not through a USB hub. Then, if you’re still having issues, connect the device to a different USB port.
Next, check for any available updates and restart your computer. Corrupted files or a malfunctioning device can also be the cause for not detecting the keyboard. Installing antivirus software can also help.
How Do I Connect My Razer To Synapse?
Razer Synapse is an app that allows you to customize and set functions for your Razer hardware. It allows you to connect your device and make any necessary customizations. Here is how you can connect your device to the software:
- Attach your Razer device to the USB port.
- Download the Razer Synapse software.
- Install the software.
- Log in with your account and start. The hardware will connect automatically.
Is Razer Synapse a Virus?
Razer Synapse is not a virus. It does not need any information about your PC making it very safe to use. The software has been tested with multiple antivirus software and found no malware problems. Computer data also remains risk-free.
It does not modify or hinder any of your PC processes, nor does it put any of your PC’s parts at risk. In addition, there will be no data loss or a breach of privacy from the software, making it 100% safe to use.
Does Razer Synapse Need To Run On a Startup?
Unfortunately, Razer Synapse must be running for your settings to be applied. Having it enabled on startup will ensure that your device configuration stays the same when you log on to your computer system. If your Synapse is not running on startup, you can not change the settings.
You can disable startup on the windows option if you like. It will speed up the starting process. However, you will have to start the programs after they are loaded manually.
Resolve Razer Synapse 2.0 Crashes
It is prevalent for Razer Synapse 2.0 to crash while you’re playing games or starting them. This problem is an often recurrent one and can be pretty irritating. The following steps will help you if you are confronted by Razer Synapse 2.0 crashing:
- Open the software.
- Click on stats.
- At the top right corner, click on the cog cap.
- Turn data tracking off in general settings.
- Restart your game.
Disable The Razer Synapse Splash Screen At Startup
When you start the software, the Razer synapse splash screen will show. This happens every time you start the software. This cannot be very pleasant for some users. You can turn off the splash screen if you want; all you must do is follow these steps:
- Look for the green razer icon and right-click on it.
- Go to settings.
- Disable “show on the screen.”
- Click on apply settings.
Fix Razer Synapse Does Not Detect Razer Device
Often, the hardware that we use is not detected by synapse software due to an un-updated driver. Because of this, your hardware can go unnoticed and cause a problem for you to use the software. This can quickly fix the issue. All you must do is:
- Troubleshoot the hardware.
- Uninstall the software from your PC.
- Reinstall device drivers.
- Update the Razer drivers and disable any antivirus apps running on your PC.
How Do I Reinstall Synapse?
Reinstalling the software can solve many errors, and it’s pretty easy to do so.
- Click on the start menu.
- Find the apps and features.
- Click on the software.
- Uninstall it.
- Go to the official website and download and install the latest available software.
Does razer synapse work on PS4?
Macro’s and advanced functionality require Razer Synapse, which is not supported on PS4. Unlike on the Xbox One, the standard USB PC gaming headsets work only fine with PS4, and any keyboard, mouse, or any other device will work as a standard device.
None of the features are compatible with the PS4. All you can do is adjust the volume and mute the microphone. The only function you’d be using is audio control.
Do you have to use Razer Synapse software?
Suppose you want to customize your Razer peripheral devices like mouse, keyboard, etc., then Razer Synapse is required. You can customize the DPI level, change the RGB lighting, and so on. Of course, you have to keep the app installed; otherwise, all changes will go back to default.
Do you need Razer Synapse for a mouse?
If you want to access all the features of your Razer mouse, then yes! You do need the Razer Synapse, adjust the lightings or DPI level according to your liking. You can also change the side buttons’ behavior. Without the software, it’s just an ordinary mouse.
Is Razer Synapse necessary?
It is not compulsory software, but if you want to access all the features, you should install the software. Without the Razer synapse, your peripherals are just ordinary mouses and keyboards. Many Synapse functionality can’t be performed by the peripherals on its own and requires Synapse to be running.
Razer Synapse is a convenient software for customizing any of your Razer mice or keyboards. However, it may fail to work appropriately and show errors like Synapse not working or opening due to various reasons due to some uncertain situations.
So we presented all the possible issues and showed you possible reasons and quick and easy ways to tackle them. I hope you are now well acknowledged and can quickly solve the Razer Synapse not working problem and any other minor issue that arises with it.