The ASRock Polychrome RGB is a beautiful utility that gives you complete control over the RGB components of your PC if they are compatible with it. However, life becomes difficult when you start facing issues while using the applications, which does not allow you to take full benefit from your RGB components.
If you have made your way to this page because you are facing issues with the ASRock Polychrome RGB, do not worry, as you aren’t the first one here. Lots of users complain about issues with the Software and face various problems in Syncing effects, Not Detecting RGB Sync, Access Violation at Address, and more which are some fundamental errors.
Although these errors might be frustrating, there’s no need to panic as we have got you covered with some definitive and straightforward fixes that will get you rolling. Also check How To Download And Use ASRock Polychrome RGB Sync.
So let’s begin.
ASRock Polychrome RGB – What Is It?
The ASRock Polychrome RGB is a software that gives you complete control over your RGB illuminations, allowing you to customize and sync the RGB components to your liking. The Software is straightforward to use and provides a user-friendly environment.
This Software syncs your motherboard with all the PC components such as RGB PC case, CPU cooler, CPU Fans, RGB keyboards, and so much more, allowing you to customize the illumination effects to your own liking from a wide range of possibilities. You also get to choose super cool lighting effects like Water, Rainbow, Cycling, Strobe, Cram, and many more, consisting of 15 effects.
Your RGB devices can also be synced with Polychrome RGB-certified Accessories. This will allow you to take your gaming experience to a whole different level, providing astonishing performance and exceptional aesthetics lighting up your PC brilliantly.
Reasons Why ASRock Polychrome RGB Is Not Working
As ASRock states it, the ASRock Polychrome Sync is manufactured with creativity, consideration, and cost-effectiveness. This is a great application that gives you total control over your RGB lighting. But not everything is perfect. Users have reported many issues with the ASRock Polychrome RGB, and there are some reasons that cause those issues and must be addressed.
The ASRock Polychrome RGB software will never work if you are using any other motherboard besides ASRock. Before you do anything, you must make sure all your RGB components are compatible, as incompatibility is one of the most common reasons people face issues. This renders your RGB lightings useless.
The following are some of the most commonly faced errors reported by users:
- At times, a common message will appear showing This Utility Is Not For This Platform.
- The system might show the error message This MCU is empty. Please restart the utility while starting.
- You might face Error 0xfffb, which indicates no ASR graphic card and ASR USB Header is detected.
- Most users commonly face Access Denied or Access Violation at address.
- Sometimes, the Software freezes your system and causes it to stop working.
The errors may be caused due to various reasons. At times it might be a human error that might be caused simply by improperly connecting the RGB headers. There might also be an error due to a Machine defect caused by a faulty product.
Another reason for issues might be faulted in the Software. For example, Software might have bugs or clash with other programs, which cause different problems. However, the most common issues faced by users are usually Software related.
Don’t you worry, as we have prepared different definitive fixes that will get you rolling again.
Why Do I Keep Witnessing Access Violation At Address 000000FF. Read of address 000000FF
The access violation message alerts you that the ASRock Polychrome Sync software is unable to link up with the RGB control center of your motherboard. Though the ASRock Polychrome RGB is a great application, sometimes users do face these errors, which might be caused by improper implementation of the RGB control center.
Additionally, components that are incompatible with each other are in no way going to function. Therefore, make sure your hardware is compatible.
Steps To Perform Before You Start Fixing ASRock Polychrome RGB
Before you proceed to directly fix the ASRock Polychrome RGB software, you should take care of the following steps first.
- You must install the latest version of the ASRock Polychrome RGB from the official website.
- Check whether your motherboard along with all the other components, are compatible with Polychrome Sync or not.
- Plug the RGB Headers correctly into your motherboard.
- If you have any other RGB software installed, make sure you uninstall it to avoid clashes.
- Make sure the PSU you are using is good enough to light your RGBs
Fixing ASRock Polychrome RGB Motherboard Errors
Now that we have everything in place, we proceed on to fix the ASRock Polychrome RGB not working.
Follow the steps below, and you’ll be all set in no time:
- But, first, download and Install the ASRock Polychrome RGB application with default settings.
- To open the Run, press Windows + R.
- In the Run, type cmd and click on OK.
- Write the following command in the Command Prompt Window and then hit enter: cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin\.
- In the same way, run all the following commands:
- You can now close the Command Prompt.
- Click on Ctrl + Shift + Esc, which will launch the Task Manager.
- Find your way to the Startup Tab and Enable Polychrome Sync while disabling all other RGB applications.
- Now go on and run ASRock Polychrome RGB as an administrator.
And there you have it. So that’s how you fix ASRock Polychrome RGB not working.
Fix For ASRock Polychrome RGB Not Detecting Devices
Errors like this one are usually caused if your RGB components are not connected properly. They might also because if your RGB devices are not compatible with the ASRock Polychrome RGB. So, first of all, make sure everything is connected in place, and all the hardware is compatible.
If the error persists, follow the steps below to quickly fix this issue:
- Launch the control panel and uninstall the ASRock Polychrome RGB utility first.
- Find your way to C:\Program Files (x86)\. Now delete the ASRock Utility file.
- From the official website, download the most updated version of the ASRock Polychrome RGB software. Complete the installation process and then restart your PC.
- Now run ASRock Polychrome RGB as the Administrator.
- Make your way to C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin\.
- To flash the firmware, click WriteFW.BAT.
And that’s how you get the job done. The issue of ASRock Polychrome RGB not detecting devices should be fixed now. But above everything, you must make sure all your PC components are compatible with the Software, and everything is in place. That’s the most crucial thing to consider.
Changing Color in ASRock Polychrome RGB
Now that we have dealt with all the errors and got out of that mess, we can now move on to enhancing your gaming experience by changing colors in the ASRock Polychrome RGB software. This will allow you to create mind-blowing effects that will take your aesthetics and experience to a whole new level.
The following steps show how to change colors in ASRock Polychrome RGB:
- First, select the peripheral you prefer to change the RGB settings.
- Now you must select the specific RGB component.
- You can change the saturation and hue according to your preference by dragging on the color wheel. You can also change the specific RGB values by dragging on the RGB sliders.
- The toggle switch present at the bottom right will allow you to enable or disable LEDs.
- You can alter the lighting styles and effects using the dropdown menu.
- The LED speeds can be changed by moving the speed ratio button to the left or right.
- After completing your customization, you can click apply and save the settings you have changed.
How To Reset My ASRock RGB?
You can easily reset the Polychrome Sync settings by erasing the data from C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Conf.
Why is my Polychrome Sync not detecting any device/motherboard?
The polychrome might not detect the device if it’s incompatible with it. Also, it might require a flash to the motherboard RGB Module manually.
Does ASRock support RGB?
Yes, ASRock does support RGB. It has a wide range of RGB compatible products.
What is ASRock utility?
The ASRock utility or ASRock Polychrome Sync is a software designed to give you complete control over your RGB components.
Wrapping It Up
ASRock is one of the world’s most popular hardware manufacturers and is famous for its RGB components. And to control the RGB components, ASRock has designed its own utility software making life easy. However, users face some issues frequently, which ASRock will try to address. But until then, we can count on some fixes to keep us going.
This comprehensive guide has walked you through everything you need to know if you plan on fixing an issue with the Software. We stated the possible reasons for those issues along with the definitive fixes that will get you going. Make sure you follow through with the steps carefully for the fixes to work correctly.
We hope this guide would have solved all your problems, and you’ll be able to use the ASRock utility without any hurdles.