The Skyrim Script Extender 64 is a tool that is used to create different mods in the Skyrim Special Edition game. The SKSE64 adds a great deal of additional functionality to the game and expands its scripting capabilities.
Due to its reliable performance, this tool is pretty famous, but there are times when this tool does not work correctly. At some points, the SKSE64 shows many errors like the SKSE64 Not Working. In this article, we’ll show you how to resolve this issue.
How to Fix SKSE64 Error?
Several reasons might have caused this trouble, it may be because of intervention by our antivirus program, or you might have a faulty mod.
Grant Firewall Access
Granting firewall access might fix your issue because most of the time, this problem is caused by the continuous blocking by your firewall. You’ll need to make sure that you grant firewall access to the SKSE64 tool.
- Go to Start Menu
- Select Settings from there
- By going to Settings, click on Updates and Security option.
- From there, now click the Windows Security option situated in the left window.
- Now select the Firewall and Network Protection option
- Click the Allow an Application through Firewall option
- Now click on Change Settings to grant the required access
- Allow Skyrim all its related application in both Public and Private networks
- Make sure to check that you’ve allowed Steam
- Save these settings and run the game now.
Even after granting firewall access, the SKSE64 is still showing the same issue; you can try turning off your antivirus.
Turning Off the Antivirus
You need to turn off your installed antivirus because sometimes the antivirus software’s like (Avast, AVG, McAfee, Bitdefender, Kaspersky AV etc.) are the main reason behind such problems. Check to see whether it solves your problem or not.
We hope that you must have resolved your issue until now, but if the problem is still there, don’t worry because we have another method of resolving the SKSE64 not working issue.
Disable Faulty Mods
One last step to resolve the SKSE64 not working issue is to disable all the faulty mods, which might be causing the trouble.
- Open The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
- Click on Mods from the Main Menu
- Find the Mod you want to uninstall in your List
- Select the Mod you want to uninstall
- Select Delete or Disable
Now check to see whether the SKSE64 not working issue is still there.