Within the Apple ecosystem, AirPods function to their fullest potential. The process of connecting AirPods to Apple devices is quite simple. Since AirPods connect via Bluetooth, they can quickly pair with any Bluetooth-compatible device and a sound input or output device.
Suppose the device has a working Bluetooth chip. In that case, AirPods can connect without a hitch, even when using a laptop or desktop with a different operating system. Most contemporary gadgets nowadays, including HP laptops, have Bluetooth integrated into them. Additionally, it is openly possible to pair AirPods with an HP laptop.
Let’s start with this article about connecting your AirPods to an HP laptop without further ado.
Do AirPods Work with Windows Laptops?
For device pairing, AirPods rely on Bluetooth connectivity. Any device that supports Bluetooth technology for sound input or output can pair with them. AirPods may be used with ease with a Bluetooth-enabled Windows-based laptop.
The most modern HP laptops have Bluetooth connectivity, just like any other laptops on the market today. Like other Bluetooth earphones or headphones, AirPods function well on HP computers.
You won’t be able to pair your AirPods with your laptop if it doesn’t have a built-in Bluetooth chip for making Bluetooth connections. With the use of a Bluetooth dongle from a third party, you may solve this problem rapidly.
Keep in mind that AirPods are primarily made for Apple products. But pairing non-Apple gadgets with AirPods is also incredibly simple.
How to Connect AirPods to HP Laptop?
Open your AirPods case and press and hold the reset button until it begins to flash white to pair them with HP PCs. Action Center will open when you press the Windows key + A. Right-click Bluetooth and select your AirPods by going to Settings > Add Bluetooth or other devices > Bluetooth.
It’s the same as connecting any other Bluetooth device to an HP laptop while using AirPods. Your laptop’s Bluetooth needs to be turned on, and AirPods must be in pairing mode. Now that both devices are available, a connection can be made.
The straightforward instructions listed below make connecting your AirPods to an HP laptop easy.
Here are the steps to connect AirPods to an HP laptop:
- On the Windows button, select Settings from the context menu.
- From the Settings, choose Devices.
- Turn on Bluetooth and watch for the indication that “your laptop name” is now discoverable.
- Select Add Bluetooth or other devices by clicking it.
- Choose Bluetooth.
- Open the AirPods case.
- On the rear of your AirPods case, you may find the power or reset button.
- Once the reset button begins to blink white, press and hold it.
- From the list of supported devices, choose the name of your AirPods.
- Click Done once the AirPods have successfully paired.
Make sure your AirPods have at least a 25% charge before pairing them with a laptop. According to reports, low battery life might affect connectivity and result in stuttering issues.
How to Connect Clone AirPods To HP Laptop?
The software in cloned AirPods is different from that in the original AirPods. This could seem like a negative, but it’s not. Your copy of the AirPods features software that enables it to function like any other pair of wireless headphones.
Because you won’t need to hang on to the power button hidden under your AirPods case, connecting a copy of AirPods to your HP laptop should go much more quickly.
Here’s how to connect an HP laptop to a pair of fake AirPods:
- Open Windows search and look up settings.
- In the Windows settings, select Devices.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
- To add Bluetooth or other devices, select Add.
- Pick Bluetooth.
- Open the AirPods case’s lid.
- Choose your AirPods from the list of devices that were found.
- Select Done.
How to Reconnect AirPods To HP Laptop After Pairing
Since your AirPods are already paired with your HP laptop, reconnecting them to it won’t be a problem. As long as your HP laptop’s Bluetooth is turned on, the moment you flip up the lid, your AirPods will instantly connect to it.
In a circumstance where your AirPods don’t reconnect to your HP laptop automatically, you can do it manually.
Here’s how to manually re-connect your AirPods to your HP laptop:
- To access Windows settings, press Windows key + I.
- Select Devices.
- Make sure your Bluetooth is turned on.
- Remove the AirPods lid from the case.
- From among the devices you’ve already paired, select your AirPods device.
How to Disconnect AirPods On HP Laptop
You must first access the Windows settings on your HP laptop before removing your AirPods device in order to disconnect them from the device.
Here’s how to unplug your HP laptop from the AirPods:
- To access your charm bar, press the Windows key + A.
- Make the notification area larger.
- Right-click on the Bluetooth icon.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- From the list of associated devices, choose your AirPods.
- Select “Remove Device.”
Reasons Why AirPods Won’t Connect to HP Laptop
Here are the explanations:
- Bluetooth is turned off.
- Bluetooth driver corruption.
- The Bluetooth driver is outdated.
Bluetooth is turned off.
If the Bluetooth on one or both of the devices is off, connecting your AirPods to your HP laptop will undoubtedly be difficult.
Both devices must have their Bluetooth switched on in order for them to pair with one another.
Here is a guide for activating Bluetooth on both devices.
Enable Bluetooth on an HP laptop.
- To access settings, press the Windows key and I.
- Select devices.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
Enable Bluetooth on AirPods
- Open the AirPods’ case lid.
- When you notice a white light blinking, press and hold the button on the back of your AirPods.
- Your HP laptop is now prepared to recognize your AirPods.
Defective Bluetooth Driver
You may have a faulty Bluetooth driver, which must be fixed first if you are certain that your HP laptop supports Bluetooth, but it won’t connect to your AirPods.
Your HP laptop’s Bluetooth driver won’t function as it should if it is corrupt. In order for the Bluetooth driver to function correctly once again, it must first be uninstalled and then reinstalled.
An HP laptop’s corrupted Bluetooth driver can be fixed as follows:
- In Windows search, look for device manager and click it.
- In the device manager, double-click Bluetooth to see a drop-down menu.
- Select Uninstall by performing a right-click on the first driver.
- To confirm, click on uninstall one more.
- Restart your HP laptop.
- Your Bluetooth driver will be installed immediately after your computer restarts.
Old Bluetooth Driver
Suppose you’re not the type to update your drivers. In that case, there’s a potential that your Bluetooth driver is missing a crucial update that is necessary for correctly connecting your AirPods to your HP laptop. You must upgrade your Bluetooth driver through the device manager if it is outdated.
How to update Bluetooth Driver is as follows:
- Use Windows search to look up the device manager, then click it.
- To see the Bluetooth driver, double-click the device.
- Select Update Driver from the context menu of your AirPods driver.
- Select Find Drivers Automatically.
- Completing the driver update requires that you follow the instructions.
- Restart your laptop from HP.
- Connect your computer to your AirPods.
Why won’t my AirPods Connect to HP Laptop?
Because your device’s Bluetooth is disabled, the Bluetooth driver is out-of-date, the Bluetooth chip is broken, or AirPods is not set as the default audio driver, your AirPods are not connecting to an HP laptop.
Make sure to switch on your Bluetooth devices if they aren’t already. Try to connect your AirPods to your laptop after removing them from their case. If the issues continue, the Bluetooth driver for your device might be the issue. Install the most recent driver release.
Have trouble connecting your laptop and AirPods? There’s a potential that the Bluetooth chip in your smartphone is faulty or damaged. The straightforward remedy, in this case, is to replace the Bluetooth chip.
Your AirPods not being set as the default audio driver on your smartphone is another reason why they won’t connect to a laptop. Right-click the sound icon, select Open Sound Settings and then select AirPods as your output device to make them the default audio driver.
How to connect AirPods to HP laptop Windows 10?
To pair with other devices, make sure your AirPods are completely charged. The Windows key and A should be held down together. Right-click on Bluetooth and select Settings. Turn Bluetooth on > Select Bluetooth > Add Bluetooth or other devices. Click Done after selecting your AirPods’ name.
How to connect AirPods to HP laptop Windows 11?
Windows Settings should appear. The option “Bluetooth & other devices”, Select Add device. From the pop-up window, select Bluetooth. From the list of available Bluetooth devices, choose your AirPods.
How do I connect my AirPods to a Mac?
The notification light should flash white when you open the AirPods case. On your Mac, select System Preferences > Bluetooth. To utilize Siri, choose your AirPods from the list and then click Enable.
How do I connect AirPods to an Android device?
Keep your AirPods open and tap the reset button to turn off the notification light. Your Android device’s Bluetooth settings can be found there. Select the AirPods from the list of available devices after turning on Bluetooth.
Both the AirPods and the HP laptop can retain the pairing information once you successfully pair them. The Bluetooth will automatically link the two devices whenever they are both within range.
AirPods may experience erratic connecting and disconnecting problems when using multiple Bluetooth-enabled devices. Make careful to turn off the Bluetooth on the device when not in use to prevent this from happening.
I’ve explored every scenario and difficulty involved in connecting your AirPods to an HP laptop.