Are you a pro-level gamer and looking for the best gaming monitor under $300? Congrats! You are on the right track.
Gaming monitors are improving daily, boasting more resolution, more giant screens, faster response times, and hasty refresh rates. Monitors with high-end displays come with a hefty price tag, which is sometimes impossible for us to afford. But don’t worry, because you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on high-end gaming monitors. You can also get a decent gaming monitor for under $300.
These monitors may cost you less than $300, but that does not mean that they won’t offer you an enhanced gaming experience. To make sure these monitors under 300 provide you with decent gaming experiences with better refresh rates and high resolutions.
Also check: Best Monitors With Built-In Speakers
Gaming Monitors under $300 List
We have spent a week reviewing almost every monitor that costs less than $300. Many of the monitors make sure to provide a decent gaming experience. They may have smaller screens or slower refresh rates, but overall they make sure to get your job done.
From the list of reviewed gaming monitors that come under $300, we have picked five monitors with decent features and lower prices.
- 23.8″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen VA Monitor | AMD FreeSync Premium Technology
- Refresh Rate: 165Hz | Response Time: 1ms (VRB) | Pixel Pitch: 0.275mm | Color Saturation: NTSC 72%
- Zero-Frame Design | HDR Ready
- 240Hz Refresh Rate: Stay above the pack with 240Hz, giving you an edge in performance as frames transition instantly.Specific uses for product – Gaming
- 1ms Response Time: Colors fade and illuminate instantly with a 1ms response time, eliminating ghosting and piecing together precise imagery during action-packed scenes and gaming.
- 1500R Curvature: The 1500R degree curved design immerses you into all of the action no matter where you choose to sit in the room.
- 【24.5” FHD Gaming Monitor】monitor 24 inch with 3-sided ultra-thin bezel design, Adjustable angle -5° to 20°, the 178° wide viewing angle allows you to enjoy top color performance, reduce fatigue even after long-term use.
- 【Exceptional Gaming Experience】PC monitor bringing smooth and fluid gaming experience with the 1ms response time and 144hz/170hz refresh rate. Build-in AMD Freesync technology virtually eliminates screen tearing, stutter, and input latency. FPS, RTS, and crosshair modes presenting you with an exceptional gaming experience.
- 【Excellent Color】Flicker-Free technology, Blue Light Filter, 16.7M color gamut with 3000: 1 dynamic contrast and 99% SRGB (NTSC 72%) make the picture more realistic, the color is more saturated, 20 million dynamic contrast ratio and 250cd/㎡ 8bit provides you rich colors & capture more image details.
- 27″ Full HD IPS (1920 x 1080) Monitor For Home, Gaming or Office
- AMD FreeSync Technology
- Response Time: 1ms VRB | Refresh Rate: 100Hz (Using HDMI Port) | Brightness: 250 nits | Pixel Pitch: 0.311mm
- 27″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen IPS Monitor | AMD FreeSync Premium Technology
- Refresh Rate: 180Hz | Response Time: 1ms (G to G) – Up to 0.5ms (G to G) | Pixel Pitch: 0.311mm
- Color Gamut: 99% sRGB | HDR10 Support | Zero-Frame Design
- 23.8″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) Monitor For Home, Gaming or Office
- AMD FreeSync Technology
- Response Time: 1ms VRB | Refresh Rate: 100Hz (Using HDMI Port) | Brightness: 250 nits | Pixel Pitch: 0.275mm
- 31.5″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) 1500R Curved Widescreen VA Gaming Monitor
- AMD FreeSync Premium Technology
- Refresh Rate: 165Hz (Using Display Port) – 144Hz (Using HDMI Port) | Response Time: 1ms (VRB) | HDR 10 Support | Pixel Pitch: 0.364mm
- 1ms MPRT: Colors fade and illuminate instantly with a 1ms response time, eliminating ghosting and piecing together precise imagery during action-packed scenes and gaming.
- Luminous Backcover Lights: A colorful LED light illuminates the back cover of the monitor, delivering a uniquely modern design.
- WQHD Resolution: At 5 million pixels, Wide Quad HD Resolution (3440 x 1440) display resolution provides you with the next level of refined, and detailed picture over the current 1080P standard.
1. Acer G-SYNC Compatible Monitor
Curved Gaming Monitor Under $300
|Display size||27 Inches|
The Acer ED273 is a 27″ curved gaming monitor that boasts a Full HD screen with resolutions up to 1920 x 1080. The Full HD screen and higher resolution make sure to provide sharp and clear pictures. Its high refresh rate of 144Hz delivers a smooth and non-choppy gaming experience. The increased refresh rate and vibrant images wrapped in a 16:9 curved screen completely immerse you in action.
The Acer ED273 gaming monitor is an NVIDIA G-SYNC compatible display that promises a tear-free gaming experience. The monitor also has a response time of 4 ms, which may not be its outstanding feature, but it still promises to provide you with a decent gaming experience.
The Acer Gaming Monitor is packed with Acer EyeProtect’s Flicker-less Screen with Blue-light Filter and low dimming technology that protects your eyes from damage during your long gaming sessions. The monitor can be tilted between-5 to 15 degrees and provides accurate and sharp colors up to 178 degrees, which delivers an eye-catching image from almost every angle.
It offers connectivity through 1 DisplayPort, 1 HDMI port, and 1 DVI port. All these excellent features wrapped in a 27-inch curved screen for under $300 is a bargain for us.
2. Sceptre C305B-200UN Monitor
Monitor With Built-in Speakers
|Display size||30 Inches|
|Resolution||FHD Ultra Wide 1080p|
The Sceptre C305B-200UN is a 30″ Ultra-Wide Curved Monitor offering high resolutions up to 2560 x 1080 that delivers an immersive gaming experience. This gaming monitor is AMD FreeSync Compatible, which promises ultra-smooth and flawless images during high-paced action games.
The FreeSync technology makes sure to remove any tearing and stuttering and deliver a smooth gaming experience. Its response time of 5ms and a high refresh rate of 200Hz, which is almost two times more than standard monitors, eliminate blurring and ghosting images. It provides a refresh rate of 165Hz over the HDMI port and a refresh rate of 200Hz over the Display Port; you can connect through any port to start your high-paced action games.
The Sceptre gaming monitor has two custom set display options: FPS and RTS, that give you a superior gaming experience. The Built-in speakers and Luminous Back Cover LED Lights provide you with an excellent gaming environment.
The 90% sRGB presents surprisingly bright and vibrant images, giving you a more realistic and naturalistic display of color in every corner of your screen. This monitor also makes sure to protect your eyes from any harm with the Blue Light Shift that eliminates eye fatigue, irritation, and eye strain.
3. MSI Optix G27C4
Super Narrow Bezel Monitor
|Display size||27 Inches|
The MSI Optix G27C4 is another excellent gaming monitor under $300, boasting a 27-inch curved Full HD LCD screen with a curvature rate of 1500R that completely immerses you in action. Its rapid response time of 165Hz makes sure to give you an ultra-smooth gaming experience no matter how hasty the action is.
This MSI gaming monitor is also compatible with AMD FreeSync Premium Technology to provide you with a tear-free and fluid gaming experience. The above two monitors did not feature a great response time, but this beast comes with a response time of 1 ms, which is almost perfect for gaming. Its rapid response time of 1ms makes sure to eliminate any tears and choppy pictures.
The MSI Optix features a Wide Color Gamut that gives you more realistic, detailed, and elegant colors to provide you with the ultimate gaming experience. It ensures precise and sharp colors at a 178-degree comprehensive view angle so that people sitting beside you are also immersed in the action. It’s Anti-Flicker and Blue Light Filter guarantee to protect your eyes from eye strain and fatigue during your long gaming sessions.
4. AOC CQ27G1 Gaming Monitor
144Hz Gaming Monitor
|Display size||27 Inches|
|Resolution||QHD Wide 1440p|
Another bargain deal that made our list of gaming monitors under $300 is the AOC CQ27G1, featuring a 27″ Quad HD screen. It delivers resolutions up to 2560 x 1440, and with Quad HD, you can enjoy almost four times better visuals than a standard 720p HD screen.
The Quad HD screen delivers sharp and clear images to give you an excellent viewing experience. In addition to that, the Quad HD screen has a curved design that completely immerses you in action, giving you a better experience than standard gaming monitors. compatible with AMD FreeSync, which delivers a tear-free and stutter-free gaming experience.
This gaming monitor also boasts a rapid refresh rate of 144Hz and an ultra-fast response time of 1ms to ensure you enjoy smooth and non-choppy gaming even in high-paced action games. The best thing about this monitor is that it features a frameless design with very thin bezels that can also help you set up a dual-monitor setup.
The flicker-free Screen Technology completely eliminates flickering from your screen, reduces the chance of eye strain and fatigue, and enables you to enjoy long gaming sessions. It offers connectivity through 1 DisplayPort and 2 HDMI 2.0 ports.
5. AOC CQ32G1 Frameless Gaming Monitor
Curved Gaming Monitor under $300
|Display size||32 Inches|
Last but not least, the AOC CQ32G1 is a 32” Quad HD screen featuring resolutions up to 2560 x 1440. The 32″ Quad HD screen allows you to enjoy almost four times better visuals than standard 720p HD screens. The HD screen is further curved with a curvature rate of 1800R to absolutely immerse you in action with crisp and sharp colors.
Also, the ultra-fast response time of 1 ms and the rapid refresh rate of 144Hz make sure to run every fast-paced action game without any problems. The excellent refresh rate and response time ensure that they deliver a smooth and fluid gaming experience.
The monitor is also compatible with AMD FreeSync Premium, which works together with the GPU of your AMD computer to give you the ultimate in tear-free and stutter-free gaming.
The AOC CQ32G1 features a frameless design with very thin bezels that can help you set up a dual-monitor setup; the frameless design alone offers an excellent viewing experience. The flicker-free screen technology completely eliminates flickering from your screen, reducing the chance of eye strain and fatigue and enabling you to enjoy long gaming sessions. It offers connectivity through 1 DisplayPort, 1 HDMI 1.4, and 1 HDMI 2.0 port.
Features to Consider for Monitors Under $300
There are several features to consider before buying a gaming monitor, because you can’t just spend hundreds of dollars on a monitor that won’t even satisfy your gaming needs. You need to ensure that your monitor has a particular feature that will deliver the ultimate gaming experience. Some of the main things to consider are screen size, resolution, refresh rate, response time, and IPS or TN panel.
Screen Size and Resolution
The first and foremost thing about a gaming monitor is the size of its screen and the resolution it offers; for an excellent gaming experience, 1080p resolution is more than enough for you. If you want to go for more detailed and sharp visuals, you can also buy the 1440p and 4K monitors, but that will cost you too much.
You need to buy a decent-sized gaming monitor that features a resolution of up to 1080p or more, but you need to keep in mind that more resolution means more stress on your GPU. Therefore, it is better to keep everything in your mind and go for a decent gaming monitor.
The refresh rate is another essential feature to consider before buying a gaming monitor because it ensures your games’ smooth and fluid motion. The higher the refresh rate, the smoother the action; therefore, it will be better for you to buy a gaming monitor with a 144Hz refresh rate rather than a standard 60Hz monitor.
Response time also plays a vital role in your gaming experience. Therefore, it is critical to consider the response time before buying a gaming monitor. It refers to the response of pixels on your monitor to inputs. The lower the response time, the better the response by your monitor to inputs. Make sure to buy a gaming monitor with a response time of less than 5ms to satisfy your gaming needs.
IPS or TN Panel
There are two types of monitors on the market: the IPS panel and the TN panel. The IPS panel is the better one because it features sharp colors, better viewing angles, and much more than standard TN panels. IPS panels are popular amongst gamers, editors, and movie enthusiasts. The IPS panels come with their own set of downgrades too; most of the IPS panels feature lower refresh rates and response times.
Moreover, the IPS panels are heftier in the pockets also. To sum it up, if you’re a gaming enthusiast or a competitive player, go for the IPS panel, but if you’re an everyday player just trying to enjoy a game or two, buy the TN panel to satisfy your gaming needs easily.
We reviewed more than 30 monitors under the $300 price tag and picked the best ones out of them. These five gaming monitors are some of the best on the market with excellent features. We also discussed the main features to consider before buying a gaming monitor to make it even easier for you.