Looking for a compatible and innovative motherboard for your system? Well, this is a common concern for most technology geeks and with so many advancements these days it is nearly impossible to keep pace with all of the latest changes in the technological world.
The biggest hurdle in this lack of compatibility is the price constraints that are pushing users to have cost-effective mid-tier devices. But that is no longer the need as AMD has launched its new generation of AM4 compatible series of motherboards which are considered as rivals to the costly X570 series motherboards or are alternative support for Zen 3 compatibility.
It is a fact that PCI4 motherboards by AMD are not supporting ZEN 3 devices, therefore, the only worthwhileoption left for the users to enjoy all the latest technical facilities is by having the best B550 Motherboard and that’s what we are going to help you with. In this review, you can review the Best B550 Motherboards and this will help you sort out comprehensions and get to the best model straight without wasting any time on the search for the best.
If you are hurried enough to miss out on reading our entire review then stay here for a while and have a cursory look at the top pick of Best B550 Motherboards. ASUS ROG Strix B550-Eis the right choice for this spot since it is offering its buyers Ryzen 3 ATX support and is suitable for both AM4, PCI-E, or NVIDIA SLI devices.
Best B550 Motherboards For Overclocking
Now that you have made up your mind about going through the complete article, it is time for you to pull up your socks and get glued to your screen as we are going to review the top six B550 motherboards in the following paragraphs.
|ASUS ROG Strix B550-E||Ryzen 3, ATX, 14 + 2||CHECK PRICE|
|MSI MAG B550M||Ryzen 5000, Micro ATX, 6GB M.2||CHECK PRICE|
|ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS||Ryzen 3, BIOS, Aura Sync||CHECK PRICE|
|GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Master||Triple M. 2, Heatsink, RGB Fusion||CHECK PRICE|
|MSI MPG B550||Ryzen 5000, AX, ATX, 6GB M. 2||CHECK PRICE|
|GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX||6GB SATA, USB 3.2, RGB Fusion||CHECK PRICE|
1. ASUS ROG Strix B550-E
- Excellent cooling system
- ProCool Power Connectors
- 6 layers PCB
- ROG-exclusive software
- VRM induced high-speed overclocking
- This unit has 14 phase power design
- 2.5 GBE LAN design is something to boast about this motherboard
- It is compatible with WIFI 6 support
- Have premium audio ports for immersive audio
- It has a 10 GBP USB 3.2 media sharing facility.
- offering 3 years limited parts warranty.
FEATURES IN DETAIL
This is the best B550 motherboard and has a reasonable feature base which is evidence of its best quality and durability making it counted among the top motherboards coming with the latest technologies. This model is compatible with all the AMD Ryzen 3 processors and the B550 chipset along with the AM4.
This will allow you to use ROG-exclusive software for monitoring the thermal control which is one of its kind preventing the power loss in heat generation and thus prevent the system from overheating and damaging its ports and wires.
The only downside of this motherboard is its skyrocketed price tag which cannot be helped and you have to spend your hard-earned bucks for getting your hands on this device.
If you have enough fortune spared with you then you shouldn’t give any second thought and go straight to purchasing this quality and reliable B550 motherboard which will enhance your gaming performance.
2. MSI MAG B550M
- 12 + 1 phase design
- Ethernet support
- Pump headers for enhanced thermal control
- Overheating prevention
- Lesser USB ports
- Audio might be a concerned point
- This motherboard come with a 13 phase power design of the voltage regulator unit.
- A total of six USB ports are available at the rear side of the motherboard.
- The socket of the motherboard is for AMD with ATX form factor and AMD B550 chipset.
- It is compatible with USB 3.2, USB Type-A, and Type C with a media transmission speed of 10 gigabytes per second.
- It has good audio slots but the quality f sound may be a problem for many users.
FEATURES IN DETAIL
This ATX motherboard has a wide range of compatible device support which makes the users yearn for having this motherboard as compatibility is the most prestigious factor when it comes to determining your potential purchase of the motherboards.
This motherboard has a 13 phase power design and will provide you with best in class heat optimization system for overheat prevention of any damage to the circuits.Another good thing about the motherboard is its dual Ethernet support which allows you to use this significant device even without any wireless connection or incase of connectivity blockade in your area.
This is a very cost-effective motherboard that is the cheapest among all and has a relatively similar feature make them competition severe in the market.
3. ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS
- 8 plus 2 power phase
- 5 stage thermal optimization
- FanXpert 4 for overheat prevention
- ASUS LAN Guard
- Durable capacitors with alloy chokes
- Fewer power phases
- This motherboard is equipped with an ATX Form factor and has an AMD socket along with the B550 Chipset.
- It has a 10 stage power phase design of the voltage regulator.
- For the gaming geeks, it provides RGB fusion along with the RGB addresser and customization.
- This motherboard is best regarding its audio ports.
- Its noise-canceling technology makes the system sound almost inaudible.
FEATURES IN DETAIL
ASUS TUF is the most prestigious name in the gaming world and almost all of our readers here must have heard about their products either the gaming monitors or the accessories and the same is the case of gaming motherboards.
These pristine gaming motherboards by ASUS TUF are coming with the AMD socket and B550 Chipset for making a strong impact on multimedia sharing and console gaming. You can have this quality motherboard coming with the 5 stage optimization leading towards the high-end thermal control making the overheating a less heard phenomenon in gaming motherboards.
This is a motherboard for all those people who are looking for high-class thermal control along with a range of input-output ports allowing the motherboard to have efficient performance in the virtual world.
4. GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Master
- 16 phase power design
- 70-ampere power delivery
- Triple M.2 slot
- Heatsink for all M. 2 Slots
- WIFI 6 support and 2.5 GBE LAN
- The price range of a good X570 motherboard
- It is a more costly option whose price tag is aimed towards the X570 chipset and therefore has the parallel features to hyphen the competition.
- It has a 16 phase power design.
- The number of M. 2 slots available in this motherboard is 3 and all of them are coming with their heatsink.
- These three heatsinks provide the best thermal control and thus overheating is not a big threat.
- It has all the important ports for making it flexible in terms of its connectivity.
FEATURES IN DETAIL
This motherboard is the most feature-packed product in our list of best motherboards and is the order line between the X570 series motherboards and the B550 models. This motherboard is having a nearly similar feature to the X570 chipset and has comparable price tags. But the only thing distinguishing them is the number of lanes of PCI-E ports.
The B550 mother is coming with 16 stage power design and has 70 ampere of output power. The most notable feature of this device is its triple M.2.0 slot all of which are coming with a separate heatsink virtually eliminating the threat of overheating.
This costly sibling of the B550 motherboard is the best choice for gaming motherboards only restricting its entry to everyhousehold thanks to its costly price tag.
5. MSI MPG B550
- 12 + 2 + 1 power phase design
- M.2.0 shield technology
- MSI Dragon software compatibility
- Excellent thermal control
- Only ATX Form available
- This B550 motherboard is equipped with the 15 phase power design ( 12 + 2 + 1 ).
- Among these phases are the 12 digital phases and the two connectors with dual power support and one is the boot technology for core,
- The cooling system is the heart of any motherboard and this unit has a fully functional heat with its excellent thermal control technology.
- M. 2 slots are protected from dust with the aid of aluminum covers and a FROZR shield.
FEATURES IN DETAIL
MSI is an all known name in the gaming world and has a whole plethora of gaming accessories of which otherboards are most notable and are ruling the gaming motherboards horizon competition head to toe with ASUS and GIGABYTE models.
The most praiseworthy aspect of this model is its M. 2 covering which is designed in a way to prevent it from the environmental dust and debris which may interfere with the activity of the motherboards. This M2 guard is located on both the slots and is made up of aluminum for added strength and durability.
This gaming motherboard is offering you several high-end compatible features that will boost the morale of the users and let them perform well in the virtual battlefield.
6. GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX
- Mini ATX form factor
- Dual M. 2 Slots
- WIFI 6
- Realtek and RGB Fusion
- DDR4 RAM
- Best gaming motherboard
- PCI-E lanes may be fewer
- This motherboard is the only mini ATX motherboard among our today’s B550 motherboard selection.
- It is compatible with all the AMD Ryzen 3 and higher series.
- It has a multi-layered heat sink which providesthe best thermal control.
- 16 PCI-E 4.0 ready slots make it compete for the X570 series motherboards at a relatively lower price.
FEATURES IN DETAIL
GIGABYTE is making its second entry in our best motherboard selection and this time it is coming with a PRO in the field which has the quality and dependable features to offers its potential buyers who are looking to improve theirgaming performance by having the latest technologies onboard. And this is literally, what this latest gaming motherboard is promising them- easy access to the latest chipset and latest devices compatibility.
This motherboard has dual M2 lots coming with the dual heatsink and prevents the heat produced by the system units and prevents it from dissipation in the surroundings. RGB Fusion is another of its very fancy feature that is greatly admired by seasoned professionals and novices in the gaming world.
This GIGABYTE pro is the right choice for the B550 motherboard for all those users who are looking for the best bang for their bucks coming with enhanced thermal control and high-end compatibility with all the latest gaming devices.
What is the best B550 Motherboard?
ASUS ROG Strix B550-E is the best B550 Motherboard and this is all thanks to its wide range of connectivity ports along with the AMD Ryzen 3 and NVIDIA support. It has 2.5 GB LAN, SLI, USB Type C, PCI-E connection ports and has 14 plus 2 power stage which makes it the most efficient motherboard.
How much will a b550 motherboard cost?
The average price range of the B550 motherboards ranges between 150 USD to 300 USD while you can have many expensive and many budget-friendly options as low as 100 USD at the least.
Is B550 better than x570?
There is no straightforward answer to this is it depends upon the point of view from which you are observing it. If you want to have more PCI-E lanes then X570 is the choice with high speed but if you are looking for efficient power consumption then B550 is the best choice.
B550 motherboards are the latest chipset for AMD and AM4 series ad is doing rounds in the market as the most recent technology for superior gaming experience and swift multimedia sharing. These motherboards are strongly competing for the X570 series motherboards which were ruling the industry as the official king before the arrival of the B550 threat.
This article will provide you with the six best B550 motherboards to choose from according to your budget constraints and reference. All of these options are well researched and would prove to be a wise choice allowing you to enjoy the benefits of high-end gaming motherboards in exchange for some spared fortune.
7 Best Motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600
Best Motherboard For Ryzen 7 2700X [8-Core Compatible Motherboards]
Best Motherboards For Ryzen 5 2600
Best PS4 Thermal Paste in 2021 – Ultimate Guide
How to clean thermal paste off your CPU without alcohol
Best Motherboard For i7-5820k in 2021